eczema how can i treated?

SHYMILLENIUM

Asked by SHYMILLENIUM at 11:31 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• go to the doctor or /and do reach on your computer
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 11:34 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• moisturize heavily with a petroleum or lanolin based lotion

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:35 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• You need to take the baby to the doctor to get some ointment from them, my son has had eczema since he was 3 months old and he will be 3 yrs old in Dec. Until u get to the doctor, there is a lotion called Cetaphil made specifically for eczema and there is special body wash u can use also.......make sure when the baby gets a bath he/she is not in there for 2 long and its not to warm because the warmer it is the more it will dry out the skin.......moisturize at least 3 times a day. I am not sure how severe it is but this is what I did with my son until he got in with the dermatologist & his was severe but since he got his ointment from the derm. he is doing well. He uses Triamcinolone & Desonide ointment & takes an oral medicine called Hydroxyzine. Good luck with everything.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 11:40 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Petroleum comes from crude oil and I would never use it on the skin. Many people can't use lanolin. In lotions and all the products people use on their babies there are many chemicals and you don't know if your baby can have problems with one of them. It is best to first try not using any chemicals on your baby and see if it will clear up. I'm allergic to propylene glycol that is a common chemical in many products including medications for eczema.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:08 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• my son as ezcema and he has break outs treat them with arnica gel, oatmeal baths, and when it got really really bad (swelling and bleeding) with prescription steroid cream. however about 10month ago i stopped feeding him dairy and he has not had a single outbreak. in his case, i suspect the ezcema was a reaction to dairy. have you tried some food elimination?
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 12:34 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Doctor
    redrose36

Answer by redrose36 at 12:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• no i havent eliminated any
    SHYMILLENIUM

Comment by SHYMILLENIUM (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I use aquaphor or vaseline on my DD, and rx desonide ointment when she has a bad flare up. Raw shea butter works too. Have you seen the doctor? I suggest seeing a pediatric dermatologist too. Oatmeal baths soothe, and you can use regular oatmeal. I usually put it in an old sock and tie it, and toss it into the tub. Then you can use the oatmeal sock as a washcloth.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My son had it when he was 2 months old. My doctor recommended creams but I didn't want to rub chemicals all over him. Everything you put on your body absorbs into your blood stream. I used instead Shaklee baby lotion each night for 3 nights and it cleared up. I make sure after his baths I use only that lotion and he hasn't had a break out since. He is now 12 months old and never needed any medication.
    octlefs904

Answer by octlefs904 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 24, 2010