• In the Spotlight:

I JUST HAD A MISCARRIAGE AND I'M THINKING OF TRYING FOR ANOTHER BABY.DO YOU THINK IT'S TO SOON?

I MISCARRIED 3 DAYS AGO.
I MISS MY BABY SO MUCH,THE FEELING OF BEING PREGNANT AND THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN SOMETHING DRASTIC HAPPENS.IT HURTS SO MUCH NOT HAVING A BABY IN MY TUMMY ANYMORE.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• How long did you doctor tell you to wait? I would go with what the doctor says.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 7:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• umm yes every dr will tell you wait for at least 2 periods becase your body wont be ready and you could just miscarry again after mine i got pregnant again and yes its hanging on but im on bedrest and seeing the dr twice a week til im 20 weeks so yes its too soon wait
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• How far along were you? I'd go to the doc or ask at least but I'd wait. Did you have a d&c? Usually those help to not miscarry again b/c it freshens everything up in there... I hate to say it that way. Sorry about your loss, I had a stillborn and think that any time during pregnancy you lose a baby its hard.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I WAS 4 WEEKS AND THE DOCTOR TOLD ME NOT TO WORRY ABOUT IT,THAT I COULD TRY AGAIN.
    Anonymous

• i was 5 weeks with mine and we got pregnant then i miscarried again and again now i am pregnnat with this one and like i said im on bedrest you should wait atleastone period for you for your body to heal propeerly
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Well, 4 weeks is only 2 weeks actually preggo right? I mean they add those 2 weeks from conception and all that. You just need wait.. it was a sac, so there was no pain felt by the embryo is the good thing.. Sorry you feel so sad, just take some time and rest then give it another try
    Anonymous

• I think you need to take the time to grieve for your loss before you try again, You need to heal physically and emotionally. Sorry for your loss.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 7:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• you should let your body heal. at least 2 months. doctors (some of them) usually say 4 months, i got pg 3 months after mine and was fine. good luck and sorry for your loss.
    3lilgems

Answer by 3lilgems at 7:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I was told after all of mine to wait a minimum of 1 period cycle before I tried again..Im so sorry for your loss....good luck to you and your family
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 8:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I miscarried at 5 weeks back in April and am 7 months pregnant now. So obviously I got pregnant right afterwards. My OB said to start trying again when I felt ready. The only reason doctors tell you to wait when you are so early in pregnancy to try again is because then they don't have to try and date the pregnancy from an ultrasound like they did me.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:53 AM on Oct. 21, 2008