A question for moms of uncircumsized boys... adult content

My hubby ( who is also intact) wants me to start retracting our 4 yr old son's foreskin to clean him properly and to start teaching him hygene. I'm worried that it may not be fuly retractable. How do I test it's "retractability" without hurting him?

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 11:55 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No Do not retract the foreskin. It can stay attached all the way up to puberty. All he needs to do is wash the outside with soap and water.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:55 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Don't do it. It will detach on its own, but when is different for every boy.... If you try to retract the foreskin before it detaches on its own, you can do some damage to it. So just wash it like you would any appendage, until HE can retract it on his own.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:16 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Do nothing.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:24 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Dont retract him, he is the only one that should be retracting it, its normal for it not to be retractable at this age.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 10:31 PM on Sep. 26, 2010