at night when rolling over, and i kind of lay on my stomach why does it hurt? does this happen to anyone? am i smashing the babies?

im 26 weeks pregnant with twins. i dont lay on my stomach anymore becuz im scared i might hurt them. but so some reason its hard for me to sleep or lay on my left side.

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 11:57 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• At 26 weeks your getting to the point where things are starting to get smooshed by the baby. No laying on tummy now. The Right side may be more comfortable.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:59 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i was told by a massage therapist that for the pregnancy rubs you lay on your stomach and you can do it up to nine months i cant do it nymore im 8 and a half but before that id lift my leg up at an angle to take the weight off my belly i know thats hard to icture but it worked for awhile
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 12:10 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I am 35 weeks now and I haven't been able to sleep on my left or right side since I was 16 weeks. I have to sleep in a recliner on my back can't even turn to my sides without being completely uncomfortable. I haven't slept in bed for months not even with pregnancy pillows or being propped up. I have Polyhydramnios (high levels of amniotic fluid) and baby is very big too so it is basically like having twins. You shouldn't being sleeping on your tummy at this point anymore, try propping yourself up using pregnancy pillows or just any I pillows and if you have a recliner try to sleep in it. My doctor suggested this and it has made a world of a difference in how comfortable I am.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 12:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I woke up on my stomach and freaked out >.< So I called my ob and he said it hurts because I was putting pressure on my growing uterus.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 4:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I was always a tummy sleeper, so when it got to the point that it was uncomfortable I got a body pillow and it helps a lot!! It doesn't have to be a super expensive, maternity pillow either. I got mine from wal-mart for like 7 bucks :)
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 1:25 AM on Sep. 25, 2010