Do you plan your families meals for the week?

Do you write out a weekly meal plan and shop according to your list.... or do you plan that day and shop for whatever you need?

P.S. = I usually drive thru... terrible, terrible cook!

kamore

Asked by kamore at 11:57 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I do when I am balanced, but lately, I have not planned any meals and my house is a wreck- So I'm a wreck! :)

We have been doing the drive-thru thing lately too. Makes me feel like a terrible mom/wife though! But sometimes life gets so crazy, you've just gotta do what you've gotta do.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• NORMALLY I plan all of our meals, and mostly shop accordingly (I pick up extra stuff here and there if I want!). But we just moved and everything is hectic and crazy, so we have done drive thru dinner TOO MUCH the last month!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 12:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• No I'm not that good. We also have alot of activities going on so it makes it hard. We do the drive thru too much. I saw on GMA Rachel Ray, she showed how you take an entire day and all you do is cook for the week. I may try to do that.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 12:08 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I try and plan and stick to it for 2 weeks worth.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 12:08 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I used to but it was hard to build in flexibility so now I only plan about 3-4 days in advance.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 12:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i try to bi-weekly menus the includes, breakfast, lunch dinner and snacks. i have noticed that when i stick to a menu, our monthly grocery bil is SUBSTANTIALLY lower.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 12:16 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I wish I could, but I cooked based on what I feel like eating each particular day.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 12:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I plan for 2 weeks breakfast and dinner (lunch is almost always sandwiches) and then use that to shop for groceries. I check all the store circulars before planning so I can plan according to sale items, it really cuts down on the grocery bills.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 12:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I try to.... lately like everyone else its been the drive thru. Been crazy busy around here.
    Catrin2009

Answer by Catrin2009 at 1:05 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i try...it doesn't always work out...but t try
    kld1979

Answer by kld1979 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 24, 2010