Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please help very very important

my baby and I currently live with my mother .T he problem is she;s crazy(bipolar) ..she always yelling and she always tries to spend my lil check ..everybody knows welfare don't give you alot of money ..i have to move ..she is always complaining how she don't want me here but i don't have any money for a new place..i was trying to move to virginia and get on the waiting list for the hud housing but that may take a long time i'm only 19 with a 4 month old and have no clue what to please help..i'm stressed and depressed

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (6)
  • It sucks to have to live under someone else. You'll just have to deal with her until your able to get out! Good luck.

    Answer by LizMomTo4Girls at 7:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

  • ask God for help. it works. just listen and he will answer good luck

    Answer by bubblebean at 7:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

  • you need to get a job and get out of there!! welfare pays for childcare so thats not an excuse and they help with moving expenses if you get a job somewhere else. talk to your case worker.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

  • move into hud housing in the same city...i kno exactly how you feel and have been living in my new place for months took some waiting and a lot of bullshit but its worth not hearing your mom...btw i'm 20 with a 14 mth old...add me...we're in similar situations...

    Answer by carmel_princiss at 7:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

  • get your name on all the section 8 or HUD housing lists....make sure you are doing everything you can to get a job...go to the employment office and work source. You will be able to do it if you WANT to. I would also look into some of the great grants that are given to single mothers for college... good luck

    Answer by mamakirs at 8:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

  • GET A JOB!!! Could you imagine if other people weren't paying for you to live? Your mother is a person that needs help and someone that your child should not be around until she gets that help. Move out and find a better solution all around. Get a job, go to work, and get a decent place to live in an area that you can find housing NOW. Hard ... yes but this is for your child put your needs aside and do what is right for that precious being.


    Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.