Weight loss during pregnancy?

Ok ladies, I have been losing weight for about a year now (down 45 lbs!). But I am still about 50-55 lbs from my "goal weight" and trust me I have it to lose (I'm 5'2" and 200 lbs).

I've been eating healthy, working out consistently and have been getting healthy in general, doing it all the right way. AND I am doing it to be healthy, not to be thin.

The thing is, we really want to have another baby. So I'm wondering if I get pregnant now, can I still lose weight during my pregnancy? Obviously that isn't going to be the goal, but working out and eating right, that will probably happen, right?

Does anyone have any tips on this? Should we just wait another year until I've lost the rest of the weight, or go ahead with the pregnancy. I might add I was 200 lbs when I got pregnant with my DD and was 190 when I had her (lost 10 lbs over the course of my pregnancy) and had no complications, no problems.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no, you should not actively try to lose weight while pregnant
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:05 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I am overweight and lost while pregnant. Toward the end I gained, but I only gained 13 lbs my entire pregnancy.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:12 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Don't diet while pregnant but eat healthy and exercise and drink water only and you will be fine. Maybe only gain a few pounds towards the end. Morning sickness if you have it usually makes you gain nothing or lose a bit in the beginning, which is okay and no need for worry.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 12:30 PM on Sep. 24, 2010