would you trust your partner again after he cheated on you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• It would depend on a lot of things..if he confessed it..how many offenses it was..what he did..etc.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 12:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Not a chance.
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 12:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• not right away and he would seriously have to rebuild and prove that he has changed and won't do it ever again.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Trust? Why focus on trust instead of why it happened? Understanding leads to empathy which leads to compassion which leads to forgiveness. Trust is earned, not granted on a whim. Trust comes in time and can not be rushed.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 12:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• nope
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• most likely no
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• If he cheated on me, he wouldn't be my partner anymore. I would NEVER trust him again, and frankly, I wouldn't be able to even be around him. Cheating to me is the absolute worst thing you can do to somebody you claim to love. So if he'd ever cheat, he'd be out. Period.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• No. Even if he cheated because of something I did> such as not meeting his emotional needs..... No. I still could not. If he ever felt the need to fall into another woman's arms, he needs to leave me. Not cheat. Cheating on me=cheating on our kids. He would be tearing our family apart. I would never forgive him for that. If he was weak enough to cheat, he could not possibly have it in him to work hard enough, fight hard enough for our marriage.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Depends, but I think in time I would learn to trust him again...
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 12:42 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It would be a deal breaker for me, I'm afraid.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2010