Has anyone have had Preeclampsia?

Hi, I am 32 weeks, and found out yesterday that I could have preeclampsia, I have to collect my urine for 24 hrs, and turn it in tomorrow. Both my fiance and I have been worried sick, I dont know what to expect or anything. I've researched online but I'd like to hear it from someone who has been through it.

maddisonsmom11

Asked by maddisonsmom11 at 12:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had it with my first baby but I didn't get in until I was 40 weeks. The dr had me induced. Since you are pretty far from a due date they will probably try giving you meds for it and may hospitalize you until 38-40 weeks or make you go on bed rest. Don't worry everything will be ok.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I had it. They found it when I went into early labor at 32 weeks. They put me on medication and complete bed rest at that point. I ended up delivering at 36 weeks. My little boy was small (4 lb 13 1/2 oz), but other than that he was perfectly healthy!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I had it with my first son, I think I was 38 weeks. I didnt deliver til 42 weeks (my doctor was a quack) They put me on complete bedrest and had me lay on my I believe left side to alieviate pressures which in turn would help lower blood pressure. It was almost 16 years ago so I dont remember in great detail. It is on the otherhand very common and most often easily taken care of. I wouldnt worry to much, just make sure to follow your doctors orders precisly as he/she is only giving them to benefit you and baby, but you will be ok.!! Stressing out isnt going to help matters though so take a deep breath
    MeGirl04049

Answer by MeGirl04049 at 12:28 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i had it with my dd ended up emergency csection at 37 weeks. as long as they catch it early u should be fine, mine was so bad cus no one caught it until it was to late.
    mayo9mommy

Answer by mayo9mommy at 12:57 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I had it with my son and because my doctor was so worried about me He was going to induce me at 36 weeks bc no matter what they did my blood pressure was not going down. But I ended up having placenta aburption at 35 weeks 2 days bc I didn't listen to my doctor's bedrest rules and had an emergency csection. Lucky for me tho my son came out weighing 6lbs 13oz and came home with me when I went home. But my advice is listen to EVERYTHING YOUR DOCTOR SAYS.
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 1:03 PM on Sep. 24, 2010