Do you find your house is the one all the kids hang out at?

We have 4 children by birth and there are never less than 8 children at our house at any given time. On the weekend you have to watch where you walk because they are laying everywhere... And we are those terrible parents that do not allow drinking in our house even if you are 21. Yet they all stay at our house!

kamore

Asked by kamore at 12:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yep - I have two boys and I weekends I have at least 5 total, sometimes more. I'm the same way, on weekends you have to be careful where step or even sit when you get up, they pretty much take over the living room. Its cute though, I've gotten quite a few pictures of my boys curled up next to their friends, even at 16 they still will share a couch or a blanket.

I don't mind at all, and sometimes I'll even ask why their friends are at the house.
    My boys often to go other homes too, where we live its like one big family (our town is really small).
    I love that they come over and yes we are the stricter parents when it comes to things like alcohol or smoking or even sex. The kids don't seem to mind at all.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 12:59 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• yup.. We have 7 children and there are always 11-12 kids in our house. We do allow drinking for our oldest who's 22 but she is extra responsible and he room is very private. Plus they never get drunk, they just drink a glass of wine or some beer while eating or watching a movie.

Our next door neighbors have 5 kids who are best friends with 5 of our kids. Because our kids all have seperate rooms, they prefer hanging out here instead of their own house!!
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 12:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yeah us too.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:27 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Have 6 kids (3 mine-3hubby's) all of their friends hung out at our house, I so enjoyed it, I knew who they were hanging with as well as what they were doing.
    certifiable

Answer by certifiable at 12:28 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• No.  We have 5 kids and that's enough chaos.  We don't usually allow the kids to bring friends over.  It gets too loud and crazy.  We send our kids outside to play.

At our old house all the neighborhood kids ended up on our front porch (weren't allowed inside) because it was the biggest one on the block and all the kids on the street were friends with at least one of my kids.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:05 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yes, but noone really stays the night! And hen mine are older they can drink, I think that is weird that you saidthat , I mean 21? So you dont have wine at Thanksgiving , or a beer when you BBQ? Strange, and possbly a lie......Just a thought
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2010