Bye by Planned Parenthood?

Gov of NJ Christie refuses to fund PP

What do you think?

link below

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 12:19 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh Jeez!!! Christie is only cutting $160,000 in taxpayer subsidies to PP! The Cherry Hill center is closing, and that "impact" means women will have to receive services a whopping 8 -10 miles away at a PP center in Camden (6 miles away), Bellmawr (8 miles away), and Edgewater Park (13 miles away)--all of which are in a highly metro area. There are THIRTY Planned Parenthood centers in the state of NJ--which is the smallest of the Mid-Atlantic states, ranking 46th among the 50 states!

Maybe if you all cared about all of the wasteful spending that has gone on in NJ for DECADES--mostly to unions, then MAYBE the funds would still be there for the issues you REALLY care about!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:42 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Planned Parenthood offers a lot of services, not just abortion. This is TERRIBLE.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 12:25 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I think it's terrible
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 12:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I am all for shutting down the abortion part and offering alternative.. adoption... parent training ect. Killing babies is not an option in my eyes.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I think it's awful.... PP is NOT an "abortion clinic", they provide a lot of crucial and valuable services.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It's terrible. The "Pro-Life" groups have done everything they can to spread false information about PP, and doing a great disservice to women of all income levels who go there to receive basic health and reproductive care.  It would be a terrible thing to lose their services because of those radicals.  "Boo" to the Governor of NJ.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 12:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I went, shaking like a leaf, to planned parenthood when I was pregnant with my first child. Not only did they NOT say the word abortion to me, they provided prenatal care to me, and some abuse counseling that enabled me to leave dd's father. (along with the intern that threw his sorry bottom out of the delivery room)

However, taxpayer funds should not pay for abortions. And New Jersey doesn't have the money, any way. Budget cuts aren't painless.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Bad idea.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I think its awful for the women who rely on PP for their health care. I hope his constituents reach out and TELL him what THEY think

Its always WOMENS health care that gets SLASHED...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• People are so gullible. This has nothing to do with abortion. This is about the state with the worst budget shortfall in the country cutting back spending everywhere they can because the state does not have the money. PP is a national organization with other funding besides state grants. Given a choice between cutting funding from PP or cutting funding from a state-run, medicare funded nursing home, YES cut PP. They have other sources of income, and guaranteed they'll hook up a fundraiser painting Christie as the bad guy to raise more money for their NJ locations.

Don't be a lemming and fall for the abortion debate. It has nothing to do with it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:12 PM on Sep. 24, 2010