Am I over-reacting about my husbands exs

My husband still talks to his exs and its not that I mind its just that all of them act like snobs towards me and a few of them admitted that they are just lying and waiting for us to fall apart so they can try again. Am I right to be so jealous that is causes to fight?

magonzales

Asked by magonzales at 1:55 AM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• I don't think you're over reacting but maybe it's time to try a different approach. It maybe that he feels guilty about something or that you're accussing him of something. (More than likely not but he just might be overly sensitive.) I would try sitting down with him and explaining that you just need to get some stuff off of your chest. Explain that you're just not comfortable with this. It has nothing to do with you trusting him but that it has everything to do with feeling like you have vulturs (you might want to use a different term) flying over head ready to swoop down at any moment and tear you to pieces.

I might be completely off base on this but if he has any respect for you and your marriage then he wouldn't be continuing these relationships with his ex's. Especially since they treat you like something of an annoyance that just needs to be squished.
    Let me know how everything works out.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• First, I am not going to assume anything. But your question is too fague to decide Yes or No. There are a lot of factors. Why does he talk to them. Do they have children together. etc. That answere can not be generalized.

But if there is a cause to worry, then don't he married you
    diamonddiva2008

Answer by diamonddiva2008 at 2:53 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Why is he talking to them at all? If they had such great relationships ...Why aren't they still together. Could he be getting an ego trip from all of the female attention? If soooo..stop giving the situation any of your time. It is really difficult to understand why he would let his ex's interfer with his current relationship if it isn't for attention. Maybe that is a good explaination for him having several ex's. Think it over and see what you come up with. If he is acting out like a child to get your attention....give him attention in a better area..and ignore this. Just like a kid! good luck
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:09 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• If he does not have kids with these women he should have no contact, in my opinion. For these women to say such things and he continues to communicate with them, shows a total lack of respect for you. Yes, be worried and your instincts know why.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:03 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Thanks everyone. No he doesn't have kids with any of them. He says that he can't be mean and cold hearted and that they were friends frist so i can't give that up. He says that be me asking him to stop talking to them i'm trying to change him but yet when he asked me to stop talking to my exs i did it no question asked
    magonzales

Answer by magonzales at 11:48 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Hmm, since he has no kids w/ them..i don't see any need for them to continue speaking unless they were like best buds as kids and both have moved on..which is not the case since you said they are waiting for you guys to split...
    Anonymous

• Do you trust him?
    If you do, blow it off. They will get tired of chasing him and only the ones who are not "waiting" and are truly just friends will remain.
    If you don't... well, I'd suggest you just keep letting him know how much it bothers you. Out of respect, he should stop. Don't give these "women" the satisfaction of knowing it though! They are just trying to get a rise out of you.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• why is he even still talking to them?? if they have kids together, then i can understand. but other than that, there is really no need for him to be communicating with them. talk to him about this and make sure that you let him know what some of them have said to you about waiting for the 2 of you to fall apart so that they can try to get him back. (if this was me, i'd be beating these bitches asses! lol)
    Dark_Princess_2

Answer by Dark_Princess_2 at 3:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2008