does anyone live with their mother in law

how to get use to another person in your kitchen/laundry other than you
am I being selfish?

certifiable

Asked by certifiable at 12:25 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I don't think I could live with another woman in the house besides dd lol
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:27 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I think it will just take some time to get used to each other. Maybe you guys could sit down and talk about what works for each of you and what doesn't and come to some type of compromise so that you're both on the same page. Good luck!!

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i live with my mother in-law and sister in-law and brother in-law it sucks cus they are always trying to control how me and my boyfriend raise our baby and sometimes i just wanna scream at them but i know they are just trying to be helpful cus its our first kid so i just suck it up and pray that we move out soon
    ajsmommy0801

Answer by ajsmommy0801 at 12:37 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Thankfully I do not..... I'd be locked on the loney bin if I did!!
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I love my MIL, but I could not handle living with her (or my mom for that matter!). I feel like I have to walk on eggshells just when we visit her! Thank goodness DH feels the same way. I think we'd choose to live out of our car than live with his mom and dad.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I did once and NEVER again.My in laws asked to live in the housekeeper apt while they went around the world for a year.This would start a month after grad from grad school.It was a separate building of about 500 feet w/a tiny kitchen,bath,bedroom and den.We were agreeable ,we both a gotten very good jobs and could save a lot.This was all of 81.We had our own phone-line,our own hook up for cable,own food etc all our pay.The first time I was on call all night I slept in the next morn ,she didn't see my car in the garage and comes in and start making calls.My bil and fil were using their house lines.She used our apt as her extra office when they were in town even if we were there.She would unlock the door,walk in and start using the phone for hours and much more..I was ready to move out but they whined and whined about the house so we stayed.At least we were able to buy the 4800 sq ft house we live in now at 24.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 2:32 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I tried that and it just didn't work without me being uncomfortable in my home. Hubby was treated like he was 10 again. You can't always live with some folk. You just need to see what you can handle and how to handle it.
    y0la40

Answer by y0la40 at 8:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• DH and I are currently living with my in-laws and will be for another month or two, and I guess I am really lucky. MIL and I share in the cleaning (and neither of us like to cook). FIL and DH share with the cooking, so they don't clean. It works out great for us, especially since MIL and I are both pretty anal retentive about cleaning so I never have to worry about something not being "good enough" or anything like that. :)
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:45 AM on Oct. 11, 2010