Anyone experience eczema after baby arrived?

I have this funny discoloration on my face. The dermatologist says it's eczema, most likely triggered by having the baby-after so much internal changes. It started with a week of extreme dryness even moisturizer or water didn't help, followed by a week of redness, itching, and irritation, then the discoloration starts around my jaw area.

All I can say is I'm not sure if it's the whiteness that appeared or browness that appeared since my face is lighter in tone than my neck area. I tend to put more sunblock on my face than on my neck, so i can't tell the difference. But, I know the area between the light part and the dark part is not gradual.

pvn34

Asked by pvn34 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I have eczema, got it first time after my first daughter. I got the discoloration this last pregnancy, and it turned out to be a fungal infection. (which can stem from eczema.)

The doc gave me a creme for it, but I've been using apple cider vinegar with great results.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i had all sorts of things after my babies were born. usually by the time they hit 1yr or so, many of those things resolved themselves.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 12:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• No but I did get a couple of small dark patches on my face just above my cheek and on my inner arm area. I am using Neutrogena serum creme to help with the patches.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• No, but my second son had eczema really bad and it's weird because even though I never had it, I developed an allergic reaction to yellow gold (my wedding ring and all of my other jewelry at that time) so I had to switch to sterling silver or platinum jewelry.
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 7:05 PM on Sep. 24, 2010