what is the best bottle to use for a colicky baby?

ajsmommy0801

Asked by ajsmommy0801 at 12:54 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Doctor Browns is excellent :)
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 12:57 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My ped. recomended Dr. Johnson's and it worked really well for us. They are just a little expensive, and there are lots of parts to them, but not too terribly difficult to deal with.
    KiraSaucedo

Answer by KiraSaucedo at 12:59 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• OOps, sorry, Dr. Brown's was what I meant....
    KiraSaucedo

• With my daughter I used playtex ventair advanced. With my son I used the avent.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 1:05 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Something called A Boob bottle.... They hang there, no air get in them and they keep the milk at a constant temperature all day and night long.
    MyIslandGirls

Answer by MyIslandGirls at 1:05 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• myisland stop acting like a child.....gripe water also works wonders for colic, you just put 3 ml in their bottle
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:10 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• We use the Nuk with the air vents in the nipple. Sorry I can't remember the name but they advertise them as breast shaped, they're not but they call them that and they really seem to work. But gripe water and on bad days infant gas drops are probly your best bet.
    And is it at all possible to have a question on here about feeding that does not come back to breastfeeding when you know the person was not asking about breastfeeding.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 4:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I used Tommee Toppee, I tried Avent but it kept leaking all over the place and you have to get it just right to get it to work 100%. Just a pain, the tommee toppee is my favorite, and it is great if you have to supplement breastfeeding. I breastfeed but I don't have enough milk anymore so I use the tommee toppee and she love it. I don't know if you are or aren't breastfeeding but either way, it's a great bottle. Hope it helps!
    ZammiesMommy

Answer by ZammiesMommy at 4:48 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Dr Brown's FOR SURE. They have a vent system inside them that works wonders. They are worth the extra few bucks!!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:09 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My daughter had colic and it was hell. It was so bad that I had to burp her every quarter of a ounce. She got put on Enfamil Nurtimagen and you know she was a happy baby then. Yes the formula is expensive and it smells and the poop will too but it really works. Btw I tried all the formulas and the doctor recommended me that one.
    nessy1980

Answer by nessy1980 at 5:01 AM on Sep. 25, 2010