Help soon PLEASE!

I am sitting here, listening to my daughter scream in her crib. She has been sleeping through the night since she was about 5 months old. She is now 10 and a half months old. For the past 3 weeks she has been waking every two hours-every hour. She does not want her bottle, or a cuddle, she wants to get up and play. Tonight I gave her a warm bath, bowl of oatmeal, and a bottle, then I layed her down. And now she is just screaming. She feel asleep after the bottle then right when I layed her down all hell broke loose. What should I do?

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sit with her and say "I;m sorry honey but it's bed time. I promise I wont do anythign fun without you AND WE can play again when yuo get up in the day time" I wouls ing to her maybe stroke her back but dont take her out of the crib. Try not to sing or talk over her screaming hopefully she will quiet to try to hear what you are telling her. If she still doesnt respond and you cant deal with the crying anymore just let her cry it out as long as you've got your bases covered (no fever etc) theres not much else yuo can do
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 8:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• FYI CIO is not suggested or recommended for children (ever really but that is not the question) with medical situations (IE teething). Is baby teething? Usually at this point that is what is bothering them and keeping them up to play. If baby is teething it is not 'right' to let baby CIO, as the advocates have stated. Go comfort that poor baby and try and make it all better, as mommy should!!!

Anonymous

• My baby does that too. I bath her, warm bottle and she crys to sleep. :(
    She's been crying herself to sleep but after 10 min. she's out.

She rather be up. :) We ignore it too for a few min. but she normally falls asleep.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 8:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I could never leave a baby crying...I'd go to her.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• if you always go to when your baby is crying all the time you will drive yourself crazy. as i know from experiance. crying it out is fine. shes old enough she will be ok. if she wakes up crying the best you can do is go sit with her and sweet talk her. try teething tablets or teething gel. tylenol.

every parent once in a while needs to let your baby cry it out. you are not a bad mother for doing it either. and yes it is reccomended for sanity purposes!!!!!

good luck!
    lululovexox

Answer by lululovexox at 9:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• There is a new product on the market that helps babies sleep better and longer - it helps sooth the baby and muffles the reflexes that wake a baby prematurely. check out www.magicsleepsuit.com.
    Anonymous