Anyone see Chris Christie shut a heckler of Meg Whitman down?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCSoxeyp8gQ&feature=player_embedded

Was his reaction to a voter voicing his concern proper?

Was the heckler being an A$$ and got what he deserved?

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 1:03 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Of course not, they were Republicans. And everybody knows Republicans NEVER do anything wrong.... If it's truly people who raise their voices and yell and scream that are dividing this country, why haven't Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, and ALL of their teabagger followers been shut up by the GOP yet?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:10 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• We all have freedom of speech. As long as he isn't calling anyone a f*cker, it's okay by me.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:34 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I can't STAND Meg Whitman, and I honestly believe the man was just trying to voice his concerns about all her lies and false claims, but got shut down because they don't want to address that. I'm surprised they didn't make sure everybody there was a Meg Whitman fan to begin with, she doesn't do well when confronted with the truth...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:05 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• so...are the Tea Party whats DIVIDING this country?

~That would be a question to ask Chris Christie, don't ya think? ;o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• The guy had every right to yell. Christie gave his opinion of the heckler. (1) Was the reason the heckler was yelling because Christie specifically? At a Whitman rally? Was the content of the yells pertinent to Whitman's campaign?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I don't see how you can fault Christie when you can't hear what the guy was saying. Must just be that hate for Republicans, Meg Whitman or Christie slipping through. If what Christie said was in remark to what the guy was saying then the guy probably deserved it. Had he asked it in question form instead of yelling it (which you could see he was doing) maybe she would have just answered his questions. Besides, if you are just going to go to your opponents events to heckle them there is no reason you should be allowed to even stick around. If you really want explanations and information I don't think you'd go about it in the way he did.
    Christie was not being nasty to him or yelling at him and I don't have a problem with what he did.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I honestly believe the man was just trying to voice his concerns about all her lies and false claims, but got shut down because they don't want to address that

~But then why did Christie say, ""You want to yell? Yell at me, but don't give her a hard time," .... Sounds like the yells may have been directed towards Christie and NOT Whitman... Which he has every right. But is he really voicing his concern over Whitman's campaign? Or was he using Whitman as a platform to heckle Christie? He still has a right to voice his opinion... Just curious to better understand HIS motive... ;o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I can't hear what the heckler saying, so I can't make a good judgment. I do say that it wasn't an open time to talk, so it was rude. I do agree that people who's first tact is to be rude are a problem, in the US. I don't think the majority of the tea party is rude... the whole thing has been, from the beginning, to be polite.

Of course, you only see the crazy ones on the news. That's entertaining. A bunch of people standing around peacefully holding signs isn't nearly as interesting as someone who's cursing their brains out and conveniently left their white pointy hat at home.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:42 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Chris Christie ROCKS!!!!

I wish he was the governor of PA....but NJ is close enough to live vicariously through them!! WOOT!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I'm so glad she wasted her money on campaign commercials. I do not respect the woman at all and think she's only out for herself. I honestly wish more people would use their voice to tell her what they think!
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 2:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2010