What's your opinion of the latest news about the government listening in on citizen's phone calls?

autodidact

Asked by autodidact at 8:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I heard about this months ago and it really irked me. Thank you Georgie Boy for taking more of my constitutional rights away!
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 8:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• They started doin this years ago. I think it was after 9/11
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 8:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I have nothing to hide... If you find a terrorist by listening in and it saves one life from being lost, I AM ALL FOR IT!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I am not having conversations that the government would be all that excited to hear about in the first place. They are usually about how uncomfortably pregnant I am or what my son is doing. So pretty much wouldn't phase me in the least bit. I feel like if we have to sacrifice a little bit of freedom to get more security, then so be it.
    Anonymous

• i think it's pretty disgusting that they were listening in on soldiers and red cross workers and then sharing the tapes with one another.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 8:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My conversations are not in the least exciting, so listen away!
    IrishDruidMama

Answer by IrishDruidMama at 8:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• heatherama, as a soldier's wife, when they sign up for the military, they sign away many of their rights to privacy. Its just a fact of life. My husband's life is not his life to control anymore. He is a soldier first, does as the Army says, then if its ok with them, he gets to say/do what he wants. Heck, he can't even leave the state without prior consent. And who is "sharing tapes with one another"?
    Anonymous

• OMG, these answers! I'm horrified, appalled, upset, frightened and thoroughly disgusted that the constitution is being subverted this way and even more so, oh, my, god that anyone could have no problem with it.
    earthmama65

Answer by earthmama65 at 8:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I have no reason to be concerned about my conversations- so I suppose if they want to hear what my sister did to my other sister, or which child is most annoying today, or what recipe for fried chicken I like best, they can go ahead and listen away.
    athenax3

Answer by athenax3 at 8:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• anon, workers who were listening in were sharing tapes with one another.
    http://www.abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=5987804&page=1
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 8:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2008