How long does it take for newborns to lose their hair?

my DD is almost 3 weeks old and she is losing a tiny bit of hair but not much. i really hope she keeps it all, my sisters both lost pretty much all of their hair a few weeks after they were born. my mom told me i kept most of mine and my DH is kinda hairy. When did your LO lose their hair, if they did at all?

hotmommy420

Asked by hotmommy420 at 1:06 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 2 oldest didnt lose any of their hair and my youngest's only fell out for about a month then stopped.
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 1:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• haha they don't lose their hair...their head grows faster than the hair does so it creates the illusion that its thinning
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:08 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• my son hasnt lost any of his hair actually his keeps growing in the back but not on top
    ajsmommy0801

Answer by ajsmommy0801 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My daughter never lost any. She came out with a decent amount of hair, and she kept it. She did end up with a big bald streak from one side of her head to the other, though, but that was because of her rolling around a lot in her sleep, I think.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:15 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Mine never did. So I don't know :(

I'm sorry.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:54 PM on Sep. 24, 2010