speaking of supportive, let's try this experiment...

breast feeding vs formula
what are your opinions

how many responses can we do on here without a bash
let's count

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 1:06 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 100% a personal choice - and no woman should ever believe that it's her right to criticize how another woman chooses to feed her baby.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 1:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I personally formula fed my two daughters & I will formula feed my new baby. I don't feel comfortable breast-feeding.
    I understand several woman breast feed their babies and thats okay with me..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:08 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would never judge a woman based on her decision to breast vs. formula feed. I don't expect to be judged for it either. It's a personal choice, period. I FF all three of my kids, I didn't have any medical issues, it just wasn't right for me.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:48 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I believe unless you have a medical issues you should try only because your going to make milk anyway and it's healthier. I prefer to BF over FF. But, shit happens.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:08 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I nursed all 5 of my children and never once ever thought to bash a mom who doesn't.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:03 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I breastfed my son and I will breastfeed the child I'm pregnant with, but I have absolutely NO problem how anyone else feed's their baby. It is not my business nor do I have any say in how others feed their children. How's that? lol. I just really couldn't care less how mothers feed their children. Do what you gotta do and what works best for you:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I wanted to breastfeed desperately, because I do believe breastmilk is best for the baby, but my milk never came in sufficiently... So I had to supplement with formula, and eventually switched to formula all together. I can understand why some women never even try breastfeeding, especially women who work full time.... But I will once again try to breast feed with the baby I'm currently carrying. If it doesn't work, oh well.

Yes, I feel breast is best, but I'm certainly not going to condemn anybody for formula feeding. Do whatever you need to do to keep your child happy and healthy.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have ff and bf my two childs. Im ok with both and could care less how you feed your baby, but please feed him.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 1:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i wanted to breastfeed and i thought it was awesome to have this ablity as a woman to be able to do such a remarkable thing. besides carry the baby for nine months. anyways i hurt so bad the first few days i couldn;t have her latch right. after it stopped hurting i did fine but by that time we were already supplementing with formula. it was fine. i switch to formula because of working and she is fine. its your own choice and noone has a right to tell you are you poisoning your child because your feed them formula or anything else they say. the feeding part is the most important part whichever way YOU choose!
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 1:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Breastfeeding for me but that's what I wanted to do for my kids. Whatever another mom wants to do for her kids is her choice. I have parenting choices that I know others don't agree with but I wouldn't want anyone to give me grief over it so I try not to do it to others.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 24, 2010