Costume ideas?

I just found out they're going to have a halloween costume contest at work (in the past people have had their kids in too). I was already thinking of making a kitty costume for DD (20 months), or maybe put her in business casual and give her a name tag that says 'intern'. I need coordinated costume ideas for DH and I.

coder_chick

Asked by coder_chick at 1:08 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• If you really wanted to go with the intern idea, I'd make baby the CEO and have mom & dad be interns.

DD1's first Halloween, she went as a flower and we went as gardeners.

Her second Halloween, she went as a cupcake, DH went as a chef, and I went as an oven with a cupcake inside (we were announcing a pregnancy too).

This year, DD1 will be Dorothy, DD2 will be a flying monkey, I'll be the wicked witch, and DH will be another Wizard of Oz character. We're thinking maybe the wizard.

One year, I saw a guy dressed up as an iPod (they had just become popular). You and DH could do that and have her go as a mini iPod Nano. Not sure how to pull that one off, just an idea.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 6:41 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• You could do you as the red queen, hubby as mad hatter and baby as alice

or scooby doo costumes as a family

http://www.halloweenexpress.com/family-costume-ideas.php

http://family.go.com/halloween-costume-contest/family-group-costumes-2/
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• What about Popeye and Olive Oil.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:15 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• @spiritguide_23 You've got some SERIOUS mental problems if you think it's in ANY way an ok idea to dress a 20 month old girl up as a cum guzzling whore. You are SICK! I'm not at all surprised to see that you don't work, you stay home because you can't keep a job? There's NO way a priest and nun (especially a pregnant nun) costumes would be at all appropriate for an OFFICE party. I want to keep my job, not alienate and deeply offend my co-workers.
    coder_chick

Comment by coder_chick (original poster) at 12:50 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• @xxhazeldovexx Thanks for the links. There's some cute ideas on there.
    coder_chick

Comment by coder_chick (original poster) at 12:51 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• @Melbornj yeah, could work as a couple, but then DD doesn't fit in. I'm really looking more for coordinated family.
    coder_chick

Comment by coder_chick (original poster) at 12:55 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• How about a priest and a pg nun? lol. That one wouldn't require alot of make up. Of course, there are also the classics like Mark Antoni and Cleopatra, Romeo and Juliet, and Samsun and Delila.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Ohhhh, I just thought of another. How about Bill clinton and Monica Lowinski. Hahahahaha, it would stick with the whole "intern/business" theme.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2010