Christians that go to church

Do you dress different when you go to church than you do at home? I don't mean "dressy", i mean do you have [your own] standards for church that you don't have at home. like how much cleavage is allowed to be shown at church, but a different standard at home. or, if you wear a dress/skirt, is the length an issue when you go to church? what about when your at home? or does it matter [to you] at all?

why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Religious Debate

• It doesn't really matter to me...I dress however I want to dress. Of course I'm not going to show up dressed like a hooker or anything, but I really don't have a dress code. The Lutheran church I go to (Missouri synod) is very accepting of everyone, no matter how they're dressed. Some people show up in suits and skirts, and other people will show up in jeans and old t-shirts.
    StephenieBryant

Answer by StephenieBryant at 1:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• We are conservative baptist and my children ( 3 girls ) and myself only wear long skirts a little past our Knees or longer all the time not just at our church we believe in bringing attention to our face. We also have long hair we trim it but it always stays long to the bottom of our back.
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I belong to a Evangelical Free church and I nor anyone I know of there follows a dress code so to speak. They wear what is comfortable to them. We have a wide range of ages that attend (600 members), so of course each persons comfort level as individuals is different. The older generation seems to dress more conservatively and the younger less so, relatively speaking. I have never in all the time that I have gone there seen anyone dressed inappropriately.
    I truly believe that there are churches today that would turn away Jesus for the way He dressed!!!!
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 2:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I dress casual. People dress what ever they are comfy in. For me its nice jeans, shirt and either flipflops or tennis shoes. We have dancing do I wear something comfy... we get prayer and might fall so I wear pants. Others dress in skirts or shorts or whatever is comfy. I rarely see someone wearing a suit.. if anything someone may come in slacks a nice shirt and a coat but I never see ties! Woman dress whatever. I see some in dresses and others in capris ( like me )
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:54 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i dress modestly for anywhere I go, and that includes home unless I'm going to bed. I have all the right equipment, but no one needs to see it except me, my husband and on occasion, my doctor.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 3:27 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• When I do go, I don't dress much differently than I usually do, but I try to usually dress nice anyway. Blouses, etc.

I'm a pretty modest dresser all of the time, as well.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• First of all, I never show cleavage, except I cannot find a swimsuit that I can afford which does not show cleavage.

Second of all, we as a family dress nicer for Mass. My daughter and I wear dresses or skirts (preferably below the knee, but below the knee is hard to find) or occasionally slacks. DH and the boys wear slacks and a button up shirt. Rarely do they wear ties. The kids usually wear sneakers, but DH and I wear our church shoes, which also double as work shoes.

Years ago I used to believe that if God came to my house He could dress anyway He liked, so when I go to His house I should dress anyway I like. This meant I cared more about my own ego than God, and I wore tank-tops and shorts, or sweats. That was completely disrespectful of me. I'm determined to do God's will now.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 8:48 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• well sometimes my camis while in my home arent church appropriate (too much cleavage), but id never leave the house in just that. otherwise i wear the same shirts to school and the store that i wear to church.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:51 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I dress up mpre for church then I do for everyday at home. I dont think my tanks and shorts are appropraite for church. I believe in waering dresses or at last vey nice dress pants.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 9:25 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Do you dress different when you go to church than you do at home? I don't mean "dressy", i mean do you have [your own] standards for church that you don't have at home. like how much cleavage is allowed to be shown at church, but a different standard at home. or, if you wear a dress/skirt, is the length an issue when you go to church? what about when your at home? or does it matter [to you] at all?

why?

I wear Dresses and Skirts/MODEST Shirts... NOTHING SHOWING.. No clevage ever, And nothing above my knee's 85% of the time. Since I am now pregnant and don't see the point in buying new skirts and dresses that I won't be using in 6 months.. I am choosing to use my old... "FAT PANTS" From a few years ago.. I chose to start dressing differently so I would ACT differently.. You all have heard of the method used in some schools "Universal dress codes" Guys and Girls all dressing up.. and POOF they act better. IT WORKS!
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 10:51 PM on Sep. 24, 2010