eating disorder while pregnant

I have a friend is who purposely straving herself while she is pregnant. She will eat crap about three times a day with less calories from each meal. She wants to be incontrol of when she has her son so her excuse is if she doesn't gain weight they will take him out early. The doctors are dumb and aren't doing anything about her eating problem. I am so fed up with hearing about it I really can't stand that she is doing that and I am about ready to report her for neglect. Yes neglect if she isn't caring for herself now the state can take the baby and/or require her to eat even if they assign a casework too her...

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 1:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Wow that seems a bit ridiculous on her part to risk her baby's health just so he is born at a time convenient for her. Do the doctors know that she is not eating properly? Or do they just think that the baby is not growing properly for some other reason? Unfortunately the doctors can't really control what a pregnant woman does when it comes to eating. A mother who eats nothing but junk, even if its for reasons different than your friend, can't be forced to change her diet so I'm not sure they can force your friend to eat either.
    chais_wifey

Answer by chais_wifey at 1:39 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• ???? i dont know if child prtection can do anything. and i dont think a doctor can force her to eat. an eating disorder really isnt in the control of th eperson who has it but she should be trying.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 1:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• How many weeks is she? If you really suspect medical neglegence on the doctors part you can call your state medical board. Most local hospitals can supply you with that number and your area's manager. You can call CPS for the 2 year old but i'm not sure what your particular state laws say about the baby still in womb. Some states consider it still a fetus and therefore not yet a child (no i dont agree with that) so they may not do anything, but you wont knwo unless you call.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 1:25 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Why does she think that starving herself will help control when the baby comes out? And why is she so determined to control when the baby comes out?
    chais_wifey

Answer by chais_wifey at 1:26 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Her daughter is two and isn't eating well either because the mom makes herself sick from not eating she stays in bed all day. She will only eat fast food or have a real meal once a day then her daughter is snacking all day long. I really can't help but feel like the children aren't getting what they need and I can't keep watching her starve her children for the sake of getting her way.. What would you do in this situation? She doesn't understand that she is effecting the baby in the womb by not eating she doesn't care she just wants to be incontrol when her child comes.. I also want to report the doctor that is taking care of her because she should loose her medical License for not doing her job and just going along with what she wants even at the risk of her childs life.... Again what would you do?
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 1:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• she only doing it during pregnancy and its because she wants to have her child on the day she chooses. and if the baby isn't growing her doctor said they will take him out earlyt. SO she is doing it on purpose I guess its don't a disorder with eating its something mental.. My aunt ( state caseworker)said they can take the baby way if its not fixed cause it will show that she isn't a fit mother if she is starving herself and her other child isn't getting what she needs.
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• She wants an October baby.. Becasue the doctors told her if the baby doesn't start growing in the womb they will induce her to get him out so he can get what he needs outside of the womb..
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I just know that the doctor see the baby as not growing but her eating is to blame and for them saying they will take him out early motivates her to continue what she is doing..... I heard the doctors doing mandatory bedrest in the hospital to be monitored. Atleast that is what my aunt told me. .
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Sep. 24, 2010