I am not very nurturing with my DD - advice wanted.

Lately, my husband and his family have commented on different occassions that I am not as nurturing with DD as I am with DS. When she was small, I was more affectionate. As she got older, currently 4, I am less affectionate.

Any advice on how to reverse my current role?

CandyHorse

Asked by CandyHorse at 1:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Perhaps you can do some reading about nuturing daughters and work on yourself to improve. She is really going to need you as she gets older and she will model after you. Work on it so she grows up to be a wonderful nuturing person too. I wish you all the best.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Do you know why at all this is the case? what is the age difference?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have also noticed that in me, my little one 21months lets me hug him ,my 4yr old doesnt& if i do he tries to get awa from me or tells me not to keep giving him kisses, i did stop for a while but then i started because i noticed myself he wasnt getting the same attention as my lil one.i felt bad, so now i do it all the time, dnt care if he gets mad.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 1:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about it. Not every relationship is the same, even with our children...allow your daughter to take the lead in how affectionate she needs you to be. Don't worry about what other people think, even your family. Trust yourself and your instincts. Your daughter knows you love her, and your relationship with her is between the 2 of you to work out.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 1:23 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Wonderful ideas!!!
    Gabby: mine was the exact same.
    CandyHorse

Comment by CandyHorse (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• elizabr has a good idea.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 4:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2010