How do I keep my 2 yr old's diaper on?

Jersismom

Asked by Jersismom at 8:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my cousin would use duct tape across the front, from tab to tab to keep her little girls on. it was all on the diaper and a little harder to get them off, but was much better then finding a shit covered wall.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• i used to put shorts on mine until he started taking those off to then i switched to pull ups, i'm also currently potty training so it's much easier.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 8:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Try putting the diaper on backwards or if he still has trouble pulling up his pants you can try pull-ups.

Sonshiner

Answer by Sonshiner at 8:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• You can duct tape, or if you want, you can buy her some big girl underwear to wear around! Kids that take their diaper off in my experience would rather wear a soft pair of undies than some paper pants! Give it a try, you might be surprised :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• we didn't like the tape. it was hard to put on and off. so we kept clothes onnn them. they that started happeninng where they took them off to. so now pullups. as long as they don'nt see you pullinng at the sides to take off.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Onesies...its the only thing our daughter hasn't figured out how to take off yet...so the diaper stays on underneath...

Also, for our daughter, she will tell us that she has gone potty if she is in a cloth diaper or training pants....but in a disposable, she just tries to take it off.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 9:03 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Well..When they start taking their diapers off,
    it means their ready to be potty trained,

and i put my kid on the potty each time she took it off,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 12:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2008