Adopt a soldier?

I have became afan of adoptaussoldier.org and I have 'adopted' 2 soldiers.
Anyone think thismight be a waste of time?
A friend of my DH's thought that it was soncsidering many of them do not get their stuff until right when they come home, they write their families first and their days are long. He has been over to the sand box...he did tell me that they are appreciated but, that most will not get a letter in return. He mentioned care packages as being the best.

CandyHorse

Asked by CandyHorse at 1:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Travel

• I dont think it would be a waste of time. Any bit of help or encouragement makes a difference to them over there! Care packages are great too. I have a close friend there and it's bad. He just got shot and two weeks later he is back out there. He said he is only shooting because they are shooting at him...He has 9 more months and I hope he comes home safely!
    Laurelflower

Answer by Laurelflower at 2:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I don't think it would be a waste of time because you are doing it to brighten their day. As for a letter in return.... if you get one, great... if not, don't worry about it. I doubt you are doing it for the letter....
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:44 AM on Sep. 25, 2010