When do you have to stop sleeping on your back?

How far along or at what point should just sleep on your side?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 8:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• After 4 months dont sleep on your back because theres too much weight on major arteries to and from your heart. Sleeping on your left side is the best position for you and your baby.
    Nora1

Answer by Nora1 at 8:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My doctor told me to stop when it became uncomfortable for me. I think it was around 4-5 months when it would start to make me dizzy and feel like I couldn't breathe. Sleeping on your side is much better.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 8:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I agree when you are about 4 or 5 months along I always slept on my left side.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 8:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I had a waterbed and slept on my tummy until I resorted to sleeping on my side... I would think just do what is comfortable for you... But again, times were different when I was pregnant... If you listen to everything they tell you, you will wonder why we didn't all turn out brain damaged...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 8:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• they say once yuo get in to the second trimester. I found it rather irritating that pregnancy was the ONLY time I ever wanted to sleep on my back.. what the heck! I would start side sleeping early. It makes the transition easier
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 8:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• i still lay on my back but its really uncomfortable to sleep that way... i sleep more on my stomach then my side right now its much more comfy and a pillow proped between my legs to help with hip pains.. i am 6 months
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 9:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I'm 7 months along and still sleep on my back.
    DiVine87

Answer by DiVine87 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• never
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 11:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2008