Anxiety/nervousness

The past few months I have been experiencing anxiety, stress and nervousness like never before, I had a bad panic attack and a few minor ones since, I am anxious and worrisome by nature, I also believe I have OCD but this is getting out of control, I have a stressful, important but rewarding job and I feel this condition can get in the way if i do not get myself under control. It is very embarrassing. I am starting to blush very easily and I do not know why. Any time my kids wantto do something I go over in my head what can g wrong or I want to be there so i can "control" what can happen. What can help? Is there any herbal/vitamins that can help? I am even embarrassed to ask my dr about it. Any help appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Health

• You're not alone, millions of people suffer from anxiety and it's you minds way of emotionally protecting you. It's nothing to be ashamed of. You should definitely talk to your doctor about it, and consider talking to a therapist. There is always a reason why people feel the way they do, and a therapist can help you find that out and how to manage it. Best wishes.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 1:31 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• why do embarressed? you certainly can't control these feelings you are having without talking to someone who can be helpful for you - try to go in with an honest open mind.. talk to your Dr or a different Dr if you are too nervous to go to your own. YOu can try the herbal St johns wort or Same' - there are some homeopathic remedies, not cures, but helpful - but you need to see someone who specializes in that too .. good luck. I have anxiety depression and social issues so I understand the feelings somewhat
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Anxiety is very common and nothing to be ashamed of. Just talk to your doctor.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 1:35 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I take a Vitamin B complex supplement which helps with many things including stress.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 9:32 PM on Sep. 25, 2010