Do you plan meals ahead if so how far ahead?

martinmommy26

Asked by martinmommy26 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• weekly, that way i can plan my meals around what i have plus what is on sale that week.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yeah.. A day or so..
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 1:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• 30-45 minutes..LOL....

Rarely do i plan meals ahead..I need to though
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I plan and shop for two weeks out
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 1:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I don't plan unless it is a special occasion such as a Holiday dinner.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I get paid and grocery shop 2x/month so when I make my grocery list I write tentative meal ideas in the margin. Then I post a list of 'meal ideas' on the fridge and cross them off as we use them. As for planning what to fix when-- I try to decide either the night before or in the morning what I want to fix. Sometimes if I get busy or if I really don't feel like cooking I will leave it to hubs to do when he gets home, and then he will fix 'quick and simple' meals like spaghetti, hamburgers, casserole.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:59 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I do my couponing, grocery lists, and meal plans all at once for the upcoming 2 week block. Saves a bunch of money! Also, I try to keep some days as "old favorites" (ie: Thursday is spaghetti and meatball night), while other nights might be great deals that I've found in circulars or with my coupons (ie: buy one get one chicken breast means we'll have chicken, rice and beans on Tuesday!).
    crpsmnwife

Answer by crpsmnwife at 2:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I plan a month ahead and make one major shopping trip a month. Halfway through, I can pop into a store and refresh my stock of eggs & produce. It sure saves me a lot of money ($250 for the last 4 week period I shopped for, that's for 7 people) and the headache of trying to figure what's for dinner. It takes 1 to 2 hours to plan menus and recipes and create a shopping list, but it's well worth it.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 3:19 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• about 5 minutes in advance:)
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 7:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I plan meals and snacks one week at a time

Answer by rkoloms at 9:51 PM on Sep. 24, 2010