does anyone have a friend who comes over and uses things like paper towels or TP like money grows on trees?

The stuff isn't expensive but it all ads up. I take 1 paper towel at a time and i have a friend who grabs a handful at a time and used an entire roll or tp in 1 night.

the other day she wanted grilled cheese and bologna sandwich so she bought the stuff but the cheese was the cheapest cheese you can buy and she used my good cheese that i get for my kids instead

i asked many time for her to be a little more considerate but she doesn't get it. She still lives at home. I mean she's only 23 but her family does everything for her. buys her what she wants/needs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• to answer your question, NO, I don't have friends like that.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I used to have a friend that thought my money grew on trees. She conned me into buying her kid formula, diapers, and everything else and still never paid me. I also baby sat her kids for two months and she never paid me for that. She also still calls me when she wants to 'hang out' but she has no money and REALLY wants to see a movie with me or have me watch her kids. I no longer answer the phone.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 1:55 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My sister takes TP from me andsays she cant afford it sad!
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 1:57 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• then I guess put the Paper towels away when she comes over, and put out the gas station toilet paper. I guess stand guard on the fridge if you have to-

how much TP could she possibly be using?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Wow, no. That would really stress me out.
    crpsmnwife

Answer by crpsmnwife at 2:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yeah I do actually. My friend is a self described paper towel waster. I am so stingy with my paper towel usage because it's expensive! But she'll come over and use them for everything. She cooked at my home one night and she just made a huge mess and wasted paper towels. It honestly stressed me out to the point where if we are going to make a meal together we do it at her house.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:28 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• We had my husband's friend over. I'd made some desert with fresh blackberries that ended up VERY tart. So I offered some honey to put on it. I'd just bought it and hadn't even used any of it yet. He dumped about 3/4 of the bottle on his stuff (not the tiny bottle either). That kind of bothered me, but the worst part is he didn't even TASTE it after he added the honey, and threw the whole bowl of stuff away. Granted we're not super strapped for cash, but I'm a BIG believer in the whole 'waste not want not' thing. I hate people who waste for no reason.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 4:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• This made me laugh actually. My dh buys Aquafina bottled water and it's the only water he will drink. He swears it really tastes better than any other water. We have noticed that when we have a get together and have a bunch of people over if anyone brings over like the Food Lion brand water, they will all drink all of the Aquafina up first. My dh is like, what the hell? You bring over that tap water but then drink all of my good stuff!!!! So yeah, I think people do it, but I don't know if they really do it intentionally...
    MrsBrF

Answer by MrsBrF at 10:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2010