Are there anymore mommies out there that are going to college?

I'm only a freshman working on my pharmacy degree and I'm already having some issues. Any tips on time management with school and my child?

iluvmm09

Asked by iluvmm09 at 1:55 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in

• I am not yet, but will hopefully be starting in January. I will be taking online classes though.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:57 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• How old is your child? If school age do your homework when they do their homework . If not make time for it when they nap or play. That is how I recieved my GED now my kids are in highschool and one graduated and I am a year and half away from graduating college
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I applaud all of you who are working on furthering your education. I was a mom at 17, graduated high school a year early because of that and took 1 semester of college before I had to get 2 jobs to support my child and never got to go back to school after that (that was 28 years ago) Stick with it if you can, it'll be well worth it!!!
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 2:14 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I used to do my stuff during her nap and after she went to bed. Or, while she played and I cooked dinner.
    Maybe you could have your husband take some kid time out and let you have some private study time.
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 5:03 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• just graduated from trade school.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:22 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Time management is always difficult when you are going back to school especially if you are working, going to school and taking care of your children. Find a way to try and plan out when you may have 30 mins or more everyday that you can dedicate to just your schoolwork. If your lo still naps that would be a great time to sneak in some work otherwise you may try getting up a little early or going to bed a little late. If you have a SO or DH in your life then maybe your SO and your lo could spend some extra quality time together so that you could sneak in some work. Best of luck to you. I hope you find something that works for you.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 9:36 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I did this and have since finished the degree. My best advice is to find backup and never, never, never get behind in schoolwork. Good luck.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 11:24 AM on Sep. 27, 2010