Does anyone else think that Holloween is Devil's Day?

I don't but when I was a kid, my brothers and I had to hide upstairs, with the lights, off and we weren't aloud to look out the window and see all the kids trick or treating. My parent's said it was Devil's day. I still find this to be ridiculous and I celebrate it with my children...it's just dressing up and a little bit of candy.

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 2:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• No. But then again I'm Wiccan and late Oct is Samhain for us. No devils or evil about the day.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 2:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

Same
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 2:02 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I definitely don't think it's Devil's Day. I enjoy Halloween, it's always been my favorite holiday. It's just a day to have fun, to see kids dress up and get candy.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 2:02 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Nope, I love Halloween!
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 2:03 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• no that's silly. It's a day of harvest!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:03 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It's not just a day for kids to dress up and get candy. If I remember my church years correctly, it was also All Hallow's Eve and was spent preparing for November 1st, All Saints Day. I celebrate Halloween now as Samhain, a new year.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I'm so glad I am nothing like my parent's. They are seriously wacked in their heads, lol.
    worriedmommy600

Comment by worriedmommy600 (original poster) at 2:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i love halloween, its my fav time of the year. i thought it was to celebrate the dead???
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 2:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I was never allowed to dress up for halloween because it was "the devils day". I think if you're worshipping the devil, then it may very well be the devils day ... it's innocent dress up for everyone else.
    lilmizzie27

Answer by lilmizzie27 at 2:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I do no think that Halloween - All Hallow's Eve - is the Devil's Day. It just the one day kids can dress silly and go door to door begging for food. :oD
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2010