30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels

I am on day 5 and wonder who else has tried this. When did you see the results start, and overall what did you accomplish?

lilmizzie27

Asked by lilmizzie27 at 2:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• i've tried the last chance work out just to get ideas for when i go back to work, i'm a fitness trainer, i honestly am not a fan of her routine. you should flow back and fourth between upper and lower body, not focus on one for 10 min then do the other...you get a better workout that way
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have this DVD. I tried it for a few weeks and never saw any changes, so I quit doing it. That thing will kick your ass though, so I was very surprised I didn't see any difference after a few weeks.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 2:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I did it for about 3 weeks and got bored. The workouts seemed intense but I didnt see any difference.
    Laurelflower

Answer by Laurelflower at 2:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I am on my second round of the 30 day shred. I am doing this with a friend. Before we do the dvd, we go power walking and jogging. I was 221 pounds when we first started. I am 34 days into it. With our schedules conflicted so much, we only do it 5 days a week. This DVD is intense and you have to stick with it. I am now down to 201 pounds. The only reason I haven't lost much weight is because I haven't changed my diet. Stick with it, push yourself hard, and listen to what she tells you to do. Even if you do the modified version, you can still see results.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:42 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I think it really works if you stick with it, but it can start to become boring. I got the JM Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD and that is reeeeeally intense and long, so I shorten it by cutting a couple of segments out. So that's just an idea to change it up a bit. It would be great if I could stick with it! Good luck!
    mayflower09

Answer by mayflower09 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I started it over a week ago, but was getting frustrated because the scale wasn't moving (on top of everyday stress) so I stopped, even though I was also eating fairly well. I plan to give it another shot next week.
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 10:27 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• You are not going to see results or the scale move in just a week. Do it for the 30 days and then way yourself. If you stay on that scale daily, you are just going to discourage yourself. Once you see that after 5-7 days the scale hasn't moved, you start thinking to yourself what your doing isn't working...NOT TRUE.. Weigh yourself once a week at the same time in the morning. Eat six small meals a day, and keep exercising. Walking/jogging and Jillian Michaels Will Work!!!!!
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 2:03 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• You can't just do the DVD and expect to see miraculous results. I am a member at killianmichaels.com and a little disappointed with the video in that she doesn't tell you that you also need to include a healthy diet along with the shred program. The DVD does kick your @ss though as do all of her workouts.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 9:42 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO TELL YOU TO EAT A HEALTHY DIET WHILE EXERCISING.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 1:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2010