sleeping

my 4 month old refuses to sleep without me. my SO cant even get her to go to sleep, only me. she is very active when she sleeps and it keeps me up all night but if i dont lay with her shr screams and WILL NOT STOP! what do i do, i cant keep letting this go or else she will never sleep without me..but i give in so i get at least some sleep at night. please help. i have a decent routine going but because some nights she stays up late screaming it gets messed up

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You might try putting a small bed or airup mattress in her room and you can sleep on it next to her crib. Eventually move the bed farther and farther away until you are able to sleep outside of the room. Good Luck.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 9:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• im sorry i forgot to mention she will only sleep WITH me....which is making it so difficult
    Anonymous

• do whatever works and helps you get the most sleep now!
    Anonymous

• My son still sleeps with me and he's 8 months old but he also sleeps by himself when I put him in his crib. When he was a newborn I got a co-sleeper for him which attaches to the bed. I loved it and so didn't he. He was right there for the midnight feedings for me but I was also right there for him when he needed me. It was seriously the best investment I ever made.
    philipsmommy125

Answer by philipsmommy125 at 11:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• 4 month olds have the capability to sleep by themselves. Sleep training sucks but it works. Lay her down to sleep and check on her every 10 minutes until she goes to sleep. Night one she may take 5 hours to fall asleep but it will gradually get better. If you are willing to put in the time you and her will eventually get a good nights sleep.
    shanny35

Answer by shanny35 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Cuddle your child. Anyone who thinks a child will "never" learn to sleep on their own is a moron. How many college kids do you know who need mommy or daddy to sleep? Be a mother, mother your child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• While its nice to co-sleep, there are dangers and also its tough on you as a parent, because you don't sleep. The best is to get a routine and help teach the baby to sleep on their own. No easy task. There is a new product on the market that helps babies sleep better and longer. www.magicsleepsuit.com. The testimonials are great.
    Anonymous