how do you get housework done with a baby you cant pute down

my one month old son nurses every hour and if i put him down he cries. how in the heck m i spose to get anything done?

Alina456

Asked by Alina456 at 2:08 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• a sling, or just do a little any time you can - its not a contest - it WILL get done - take your time and enjoy your baby and nap too
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:10 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Get a baby sling or wrap and wear him. I had a sling and I could wear my baby while I did almost everything, even cooking dinner b/c I could just slid the baby around to my back to protect her. Slings and wraps cost a lot but they will save your sanity.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Wear him in a wrap..he can nurse while you work.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have the same problem!! I use a wrap sometimes or I just say screw the housework and cuddle!
    Laurelflower

Answer by Laurelflower at 2:12 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i know how overwhelming it is! I remember very well. If you want to take a shower, if you want to cook some dinner or you have to answer the door, it's ok to put your baby down! He'll be fine! Even at 1 month old, hearing your soothing voice say "mama is answering the phone!" can be very calming. Does he have a bouncer or playpen? I put my son in his bouncer and dragged it to the kitchen or bathroom with me if I was gonna be in there for a while. I sang him songs, played peek-a-boo and the bouncer had a vibration, music and toys to occupy him.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:12 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Quite honestly you don't. Prioritize what absolutely has to be done and do that when the baby is finally sleeping. In the meantime, go for a walk with the baby, dance with the baby or have a friend over to give you some alone time.
    carolina_gal

Answer by carolina_gal at 2:12 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I used a baby front carrier. I loved it.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 2:12 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Vibrating bouncy chair. Or baby swing. Worked for us :)
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I can only tell you what I did. When my daughter started doing that, crying when I took my hands off her, I started her on a schedule. I fed my daughter every 4 hours on the dot. After a while she got used to the schedule and life was so much easier. My mom used to tell me that schedules were "for the birds". But let me tell you , it was a life saver. If you know there is nothing wrong when he cries, let him cry for a few minutes. You may find that he can soothe himself. It may take a while but trust me it works.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 2:15 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Who bothers with housework one month postpartum? One of the reasons newborns are such pains in the butt is to force mom to NOT overdo it.

A SLING is vital. And admission to see the baby is a chore or a casserole, unless someone is too young or too old to pay up. AND...the sexiest man in the world knows how to wield a mop. Put dad to work.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:31 PM on Sep. 24, 2010