what do you think??

My son goes to daycare - we pay for a full time 5 day a week slot at her house. however, he doesn't go mondays because he's home with Dad and he is with his grandma every other friday, but in order to block the spot, we pay for the whole week which is pretty typical. I worked 2 hours over time this week and talked to her about this the week prior - it was 1 hour 1 morning extra and 30 minutes extra on 2 different days - it is in the contract we signed with her, any time over the alotted time, would be $15 / hour - so for the 2 hours extra, I paid her $30 - my husband thinks it shouldn' tbe that way since technically she doesn't have him 1 to 2 days a week even though we pay for it.. what do you think?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 2:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• You do have to go by the contract, so if she is strict about it, you need to just pay it. HOWEVER, a lot of in home day cares are pretty light on things like that. My day care lady is FANTASTIC with things like that because its kind of the same issue, my DD doesn't go full time, but we pay for full time to keep our spot. But if I have to work over time I don't have to pay for it. I would talk to her and just see what she says about it. Don't bring it up in a rude manner, just be polite. It doesn't hurt to ask!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 2:24 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I understand how your husband feels and I agree, but the contract is what you have to go by.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yep, that's how it works. Especially since it is in the contract that way. You are lucky you are even able to use them for overtime hours.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 2:16 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I think if you agreed to it in the contract you are obligated to abide by her fee schedule.
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• hafta go by the contract
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 2:19 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Whatever the contract says. If you didn't agree before you signed the contract you shouldn't have signed it. However, now that the contract is signed you are legally bound to pay as stated in the contract.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Talk to her. Maybe say, "I know it's in our contract, but since we never come in on Mondays and pay for it, do we have to pay overtime?" It's worth it to ask.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Thanks, I don't have a problem paying her and we had talked about the cost of the extra hours ahead of time, I was just having a hard time getting my husband to see my point or the reality of the situation.
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Well, he has only been going there for a bit over 2 months so I feel weird asking for favors already which is why I talked to her about the cost and hours and everything a head of time, if it was a longer relationship, i would feel less weird about asking but I guess right now I don't want her to think it will be days and days filled with that because I do understand some people could take advantage of that too.
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 2:27 PM on Sep. 24, 2010