Is my baby eating too much?

My daughter is 2 months and 2 wks old. She's formula fed BTW. She is eating about 4-6 oz every 2-3 hrs. I know she's going thru growths spurts...but is this normal? How much should she be eating? I tried to give her a teaspoon of rice cereal in her milk, but I'm not sure that helps too much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think 4 to 6 oz every coule hrs is fine. . .do NOT put cereal in her bottle though, infants that young are still figuring out how to use that tongue muscle,besides, I think cereal is for older kids - 4 months and older; right?
    luvbeinhermom

Answer by luvbeinhermom at 3:33 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• My daughter is about the same age cereal this early can lead to obesity later in life I do one bottle of sugar water almost every day when she starts to eat like a pig and she loves it
    beck241

Answer by beck241 at 10:51 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I started giving both of my daughters cereal at about this age, only I spoon fed them. They did great with the spoon after a little practice. Their pediatrician recommended that I do this because they would eat so often.
    drgnfly19

Answer by drgnfly19 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• She's eating a normal amount for that age. Cereal is not necessary or recommended until 4 months.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 12:45 AM on Jul. 3, 2008