My 17 yo is 35.3 weeks and has a horrid cold. Tylenol is NO HELP and there is nothing else that we have that she can take. I'm a mother/grandmother/great grandmother of many years and I'm tired of hearing that what she is experiencing is *normal*. There's nothing normal about pain in pregnant women that is NOT ASSOCIATED with their pregnancy. Why do I get the impression that they quit looking for her source problem simply because she's pregnant?

BAMFgrl07

Asked by BAMFgrl07 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Health

• have you tried running a humidifier or trying some vapor rub? some nice decaf tea with lemon and honey? maybe some of those homey remedies will at least make her feel a little bit better.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 9:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Sorry for what you seeing her go through.
    I find that doctors are lazy and will just say it's pregnancy related,have been there and lost a baby over bad care.
    It's like any medical problem a heavy person has is weight related.
    In the meantime let the damage continue until it can't be reversed.
    Wish you luck!
    Anonymous

• Actually it can be just a cold. When pregnant her immune system is sevrely compromised add in severly exhausted with a little one stealing all her nutrients it sno wonder she has a cold plus not being able to take the meds that REALLY help (nyquil etc) My mother had a bad cold her entire third trimester with my brother and after he was born it literally took like 3 days recover and go away. Is she in school? Is there a way she can get her work and finish up her pregnancy at home? Maybe less exposure to the masses of garbage at school (bacteria and junk) may help her recover faster.
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I would double check but my doctor let me take sudafed when I was prego.
    janie-o

Answer by janie-o at 4:14 AM on Oct. 21, 2008