Wasn't ObamaCare suppose to lower costs for ALL American's?

Millions of seniors face double-digit hikes in their Medicare prescription premiums next year unless they shop for cheaper coverage, a new analysis of government data finds.

Premiums will go up an average of 10 percent among the top 10 drugplans that have signed up about 70 percent of seniors, according to an analysis of Medicare data by Avalere Health, a private research firm. …

More than 3 million seniors will see their plans discontinued, according to Avalere. Medicare says all but 300,000 will be seamlessly switched to another plan offered by the same insurer, but the Avalere data suggest it may not be that simple.

Medicare “is really reshaping the market,” said Mendelson. “There are a lot of plans that are shutting down.”

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• "Bend the cost curve".

liberal translation---bend over and take it up the a....
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:27 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Oh but grly...the rates were going up anyway! right?
    So why in the hell did we need Obamacare then? If the rates are still going up? He didn't FIX anything, he just added 18 more taxes to the US citizen in the bill.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:27 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• That's what he SAID...but the majority of Americans know better than to believe anything he says....or at least they should!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:26 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I believe it was supposed to lowered the cost of medical care as well as save Americans money. I believe the words were "Bend the cost curve".
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Where are the liberal defenders? Scooby doo where are you? Oh wait that's obbie dobbie or something like that.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My Mom is a "senior" with NO health issues. She doesn't take any meds except a daily vitamin and a once a year osteoporosis treatment. She doesn't live at the doctor's office and actually has to be prodded to get her annual exam. Why should she have to pay increases for someone else to save some money?

OP, I would like to take a moment...please indulge me.................to the masses that bashed my previous wisdom.....I TOLD YOU SO!

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Mommom,

This is one old senior that does not live at the doctors. We also have to buy private insurance to help pay for all the things that medicare does not pay for. I don't think you know very many seniors.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 11:42 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• They said it would and even tweaked it to get a favorable score from the CBO. Then after the fixes and of course the famous Dr. fix, it's nothing like what they proposed to the American people.  Dare I say that it never was? 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Well, those of us who actually, um, read the bill, rather than, um, watched the lightshow predicted this would be the case. But we were accused of spreading lies, weren't we?

I can't even take the pleasure of saying "I told you so" since all of us are being hurt by this fiasco of a disaster. Sadly, some, those who can least afford it, will be hurt worse than others.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 4:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100923/ap_on_bi_ge/us_medicare_costs

"The largest plan being discontinued came from an organization that publicly campaigned for ObamaCare passage — the AARP. Their MedicareRX Saver plan, which offered a lower-cost premium in return for reduced coverage, will shut down in a week. Consumers will get routed to their more-expensive Preferred plan, which costs almost 15% more. It has better “doughnut hole” coverage, but until ObamaCare passed, consumers could choose for themselves which plan best fit their needs. Now, the 1.5 million in the Savers plan — who apparently didn’t buy enough prescription medication to need the Preferred plan — will enter the risk pool of the larger plan."
    grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 2:27 PM on Sep. 24, 2010