how do you get rid of fruit flies??

i guess there was a bad apple in the fruit bowl and now I can't get rid of these stupid things and i feel so gross with them all around

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I heard cidar vinegar in a jar with a lid and poke some holes in it, and they will flock to it.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 3:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• you can try one of those flay catchers. It's a thing you can buy at almost any store. It goes on your ceiling and attracts flies and when they touch it they get stuck
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:15 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• This is what I do at work (they grow in the soil or my plants).....

Take a shallow bowl and put some Kool aid in it. Red always works, but I never tried other flavors. Cover it with saran wrap and then use a pen to poke a bunch of holes in it. Leave it on the counter.

Dumb little guys fly in to get the kool aid and can't get out. I catch dozens of them this way! LMAO I feel so cruel when I dump their dead little bodies down the sink.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 8:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2010