• In the Spotlight:

All about the PACI!

My DD is 26 months old. She was never really attatched to the paci. She only ever wanted it and neededexcept for sleeping/napping. We recently have tried taking this bitter- sweet comfort from her. ( She threw it away on her own. ) Went okay, but the more days without it, the more upset she got. Especially nap time! We tried everything, all the tricks. She has always been very well-behaved and even tempered, never throws fits. Seriously. but now a week later and She has become very frantic about it. We cant even get her to stay on her bed, she screams and crys and runs to her door and starts hitting and slamming herself against it. we go in and try to soothe her but it leads to her clinging to us like theres no tomarrow. HELP, i feel awful about it! What do I do, I dont like seeing her this way, its really upsetting. What should I do? what have you done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would stick with it can't get worst. or give her one only at nap time. but will have to break it later.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My 27 month old still has his bottle. He only gets water in it but he is not ready to give it up yet. We have tried and he will scream for 2+ hours for it and make himself sick. I just told him he can only have it in bed at nap time and bed time. It is his comfort thing right now. He never really took a binky and is not attached to any stuffed toy or blanket. Right now he still needs it because his daddy is deployed and he is feeling insecure. I've decided that he will give it up when he is ready to give it up. Me taking it from him is only gonna cause him more stress than he needs right now. I say give it back but only let it stay in her bed, don't let her take it out.
    EtiesMommy

Answer by EtiesMommy at 12:59 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My In-Laws have told me that they cut a slit in their paci's and the kids just didnt want it anymore because when the kids sucked on it it collapsed in their mouth.
    hannahsmommy513

Answer by hannahsmommy513 at 5:41 PM on Oct. 21, 2008