im going to be leaving my 10 wk old with her great g-ma today for about an hour...

it will be during her cranky time of day so she will prob be fussy the whole time and may even get super upset/crying/screaming/mad...the grandma has plenty of experience with babies...plenty...dd will be fine right? im really worried about it

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does great grandma have a record as an axe murder? Or for boiling babies? Or an addiction to Lawrence Welk?

**grin**

It'll be FINE. RELAX!

Answer by gdiamante at 2:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Could the grandma have the car seat and drive the baby around if this usually works for the baby. I'm the grandma and sometimes if my grandson falls asleep in the car seat I will park under a tree and read and just let him sleep in the seat. I'm with him in the car so I know if it starts to get too warm in the car.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Don't worry so much, I leave my i think 2 months old at that time with my aunt almost his grandma for a couple of hours think like 5 at night, so she had to bath him, feed him, drees him pretty much everything lol and i was really worried was the 1st time doing so in 2 months and i miss him to dead but when i came to pick him out he was really sleepy and happy on her bed with her it was so cute lol i called just to check and of course everything was fine they are like second moms to them so don't worry but yes do worry its hard to don't do so.
    ANGELAMARCELA16

Answer by ANGELAMARCELA16 at 6:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• gdiamante.... : )
    mamagee1218

Comment by mamagee1218 (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• He'll be fine - don't worry!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:34 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Trust me, I understand your anxiety! Just make sure grandma has a phone number of someone in case she does need help, and then go do what you need to do for an hour, it will all be ok!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 2:35 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• She'll be fine, don't worry. And it's only for an hour, nothing to fret over. :)
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:57 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• You can't be with your baby 24/7...she will be fine!
    croneasm

Answer by croneasm at 7:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• If you trust your grandma to handle it, she'll be fine. Your daughter might even be better behaved for your grandmother, especially since she's less likely to get overly stressed than a newly postpartum sleep deprived mommy.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 4:08 PM on Sep. 25, 2010