I am sorry to be asking this... But when did your childs poo become more solid?

My Dr. said that her poo should be more solid... and has told me to start feeding her soy milk instead of regular milk. I did this for a few days and no change and she didn't really like the soy. I know w/ our diet she gets a lot of veggies... so she eats a lot of fiber... I know this can make her poo more liquidy. This is really gross to talk about.. I am sorry. I just want to know, when did your childs poo turn to where it was more normal consistancy? She is now 16 months old...

Coastiegirl96

Asked by Coastiegirl96 at 9:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We saw the change at around 13 months, but he was nursing and getting water rather than cows milk or soy milk.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My daughter was probally around 13 months when her poop became more solid. So long as it isn't diarhea I wouldn't worry about it.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 10:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• rice milk helps too
    calimomntx

Answer by calimomntx at 10:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• i think every baby's little intestines have their own time-table. fiber would actually make the poo pass easier and with a better consistancy. is there any other reason the doc is concerned with the ahem... quality of the poo? other dairy sensitivities? i know when my son has more cheese than he *should* his poos are more solid that when he has a normal amount.

isn't it odd, having poo discussions with complete strangers LOL

also, the ad in my sidebar is for the Betty Crocker Warm Delight Brownies. INAPPROPRIATE ADVERTISING CAFEMOM!!!! heeh
    sunnykate

Answer by sunnykate at 10:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• We actually just went to the doctor for this. My son is 27 months old now and I can count the number of "normal" poo's he's had, on one hand. He also gets bad diaper rash constantly because of this. My doctor suggested soy milk as well (i have heard if he didn't like soy to try rice because it tastes a little better), so we've been giving him that now. He likes it and it helped for one day, but now we're back to where we started. My doctor thought he might be sensitive to dairy and to try just changing the milk. He said if that didn't work try removing all of the dairy from his diet for a week and see if that helped. He said if nothing else, he may have an aversion to eggs (he gets them a few times a week for breakfast).
    lisa31

Answer by lisa31 at 4:32 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Around 12 months,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:47 AM on Oct. 21, 2008