I need a fun dessert idea

Hi!! I am going to a picnic on Saturday for all of the young adults at our church. I was asked to bring a dessert. I don't want to bring something that everyone has seen a million times. Any suggestions for a unique, cool dessert? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

LuvMyLilMonkey3

Asked by LuvMyLilMonkey3 at 2:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Have you ever seen a kitty litter cake?

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=kitty+litter+cake+photo&FORM=IGRE&qpvt=kitty+litter+cake+photo#

the recipe:
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Kitty-Litter-Cake/Detail.aspx

CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 2:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My mom always to gets asked to make two desserts for functions. One is cherry delight which is a cheesecake dessert. And another is her fruit salad. Cool whip and fruit which includes pineapple, cherries, marshmellows, mandian organge. I just made a dessert of the computer where you put apple pie filling on the bottom of a butter pecan cake mix which came out really good called apple cake cobbler. Or now that fall is near anything good with apples, or even try something pumpkin. Like pumpkin cake, doughnuts which would be a easy dessert and easy to eat. Hope you have a good time at your function.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Better than Sex cake! Or, since it's a church thing, Better than Almost Anything cake (Betty Crocker's name for it). Or BTS cake.

Bake a german chocolate cake according to the directions on the box, in a 9x13 pan. When it's almost cool, poke it full of holes using a skewer, straw, fork, anything that will make a decent sized hole without totally ripping the cake up. Warm a can of sweetened condensed milk, not hot but warm enough to make it thinner. Pour over cake and let soak in. Do the same thing with caramel ice cream topping, or caramel-butterscotch - about 8 oz of it. Cover the pan and put it in the fridge. Once it good and cold, spread 8 oz of Cool Whip over the top. If you want, you can top it with a variety of things - drizzles of chocolate syrup and/or extra caramel, crushed toffee candy bar or toffee bits (think Heath, or Butterfinger), mini chocolate chips. (con't)
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 5:19 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Keep refrigerated, but it will NOT hurt it to be out for a while for your picnic. If I'm taking one to something like that I wrap it in a big towel or use an insulated casserole bag, or if you have a cooler big enough you could throw some ice in it and put the cake pan on top of it.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 5:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I don't know about you but around here donuts of all types are welcome desserts here. Most people have trouble saying no to a donut that is their favorite flavor.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 9:23 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• what about fresh fruit kabobs? maybe with some caramel dipping sauce?
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 9:29 AM on Sep. 25, 2010