How did you decide what school your child was going to?

DH & I are looking for a school this year towards the beginning of next cause Samuel will start 4K next year. Just curious on what made your decision and what a parent should look for in choosing a school. He didn't get to go to 3K because of his birthday.

SparklingHope

Asked by SparklingHope at 2:39 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The reseach was overwhelming in favor of homeschooling. It involved a lot of sacrifice to do as a single mom. All of my children are now in college.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:42 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• For my kids that went to preschool (the girls) there was only one choice...the park district because it was all we could afford.  My youngest dd is 4 this year and won't be going to school this year because we can't afford traditional schools.  She'll start kindergarten next fall at the public school my other kids go to (and there was no "choice" there...it's the school we're zoned for so that's the one they go to).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I am actually going through an issue with the preschool I selected. My Son will be 4 in Oct. so I started him in a 4 yr. old program by their recommendation. All the other children in his class have been going to this preschool since they were 2. So they already have done the 2, 3, & now the 4 yr class. My Son has never been to daycare or any structured setting. Today they tell me he is not ready for the 4 yr. program that he has a hard time transitioning from one project to another & the other children are frustrated with him & thus seem to be alienating him! WTF! Isn't that what preschool is for to learn structure?? So I think I will be finding another preschool since they do not seem to want to spend time with a "New" student that has had no previous experience like the others. WTH is going on today?? He is at a disadvantage because he started preschool at 4 and all the others started at 2. Sorry to vent but I am pissed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It pretty much came down to the curriculum, teacher to kid ratio, and distance.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:56 PM on Sep. 24, 2010