please help...

Can you have several braxton hicks contractions and be ok? I feel my stomach tighten up every few min. Its not painful and every now and again i feel the baby move. Ive been drinking water and i just ate lunch and i feel a little sick to my stomach. oh and when my stomach tightens up i can feel it in my back too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I believe that when your contractions are consistent, and they begin intensifying, those are signs of labor.

If you are genuinely worried, call your doctor's nurse.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• yes, braxton hicks are normal and not dangerous
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• braxton hicks contractions are fine but if they are consistent and do not go away when you drink water or lie down it could be actual contractions, you should try to time them and depending on how far along you are you may want to call your OB
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 3:15 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Call your doctor. They generally want you to call (if not go to L&D) if you feel more than 4-6 contractions in an hour, regardless of whether they hurt (if you're pre-term; if you're full term, then they usually don't worry about it until they're coming every 5 minutes or so for at least an hour). Either way, call your doctor, and they'll tell you what they want you to do, whether you should wait it out or go ahead and get checked either by them or at the hospital.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would call your ob to be on the safe side.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 3:35 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• yup they are normal :)
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 9:06 AM on Oct. 5, 2010