need any hints on better faster way to clean Dr Brown bottles

my husband washes them with a brush then sterilizes them and it takes forever!! I am afraid to not scrub the holes, etc. Any suggestions on how to clean them fast without worrying about bacteria?

ajlarsen

Asked by ajlarsen at 3:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I rinse them out as soon as done feeding with them. And wash them in hot hot hot water. I have put them in the dishwasher on ocassion, and they are fine. I fed 2 babies on them.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Agreed, rinse them after use so the stuff doesn't "cake up", then I soak them in hot, hot, hot soapy water.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 3:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Do you have a dishwasher? I just put them in there.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:15 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• according to the baby health booklet my daughter's pedi gave us, there is no need to sterilize baby bottles and we haven't and our baby girl is doing great
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• We soak all of the parts in hot and soapy bottle and then we wash the part with the tiny brushes that came with the bottles. We was the bottles with the baby bottle brushes.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 4:24 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• When I used Dr Brown's with my oldest, I just rinsed the parts as soon as I was done, and washed everything in hot soapy water. Occasionally put them in the dishwasher if I had room. There really is no need to constantly sterilize the bottles after the initial time. If you really want to keep sterilizing them, get the Micro-Steam bags made by Medela. You put about 2 oz of water and your parts and pop in the microwave for 90 seconds.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 9:19 PM on Sep. 24, 2010