Boob Leakage

I'm 30 weeks preggers, and leaking like crazy! I'm leaking way more than I did with my first, is it normal to leak more with the second?

SusieQue717

Asked by SusieQue717 at 3:15 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I never leaked when pregnant. Sorry!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Everyones different
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 3:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It varies from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy. I leaked all the time with my first, but not at all with my second. There are also lots of women who leak excessively with all pregnancies, who don't leak at all with any, who leak progressively more with each one... There's no set rule about it. Any amount of leakage, from none to tons, is completely normal.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:23 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Every pregnancy is different, I got my milk right away with my first and then with my second it didn't come until he was almost 5 days old. I would totally suggest a breast pump if you are getting engorged this early though, and breast pads. Good luck!
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 4:03 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I've been leaking since 20 weeks (34 now) but just this clear/yellowish stuff, and it's not enough to go through my bra (yet!). At first it was a little bloody, but the doc assured me it's normal. This is my first pregnancy.
    Evansmommy91

Answer by Evansmommy91 at 7:34 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• With my son i dripped like a fawcett from 24 weeks on. It varies woman to woman.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:56 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My lactation consultant told me in my breastfeeding class when I went prior to the birth of my 2nd child that it was very normal for leakage, not just for second time moms but for first time moms too. I can remember my breasts leaking before the birth of my first child too, and I just started wearing the breastfeeding bras and the throwaway absorption pads. If you choose not to breastfeed, you can ask your doctor for a shot that helps dry up your breastmilk. I was also told to put cabbage on my breasts to dry up my milk with my first pregnancy, since I leaked all the way up to my first daughters 3rd birthday and I only breasfed her until approximately 8 months since she took to the bottle when I went back to work.
    Chandra C.

Answer by Chandra C. at 5:53 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• thank you all... I plan to breastfeed, I just don't like leaking everywhere... have to buy the pads... O_o
    SusieQue717

Comment by SusieQue717 (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• everyone is different I think having done it before your boobs know to leak more lol
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 9:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2010