How much would you pay for non licenced in home child care?

If you knew the person and they were trained in CPR. Im not meaning just dropping of at a random strangers home and paying them. But a fair price for a good friend or family member.

martinmommy26

Asked by martinmommy26 at 3:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• It would all depend on the average rate of a licensed provider. In my area licensed home providers are $150-175 a week, so I would expect to play less for unlicensed care
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Over the summer and on days off at school I take my son to a non-lic. girl with 3 children (1 special needs, so she is cpr certified and trained for emergency situations). She charges $80 a week, or $20 a day and she includes lunch and snack. And lunch is not just a sandwich and a bag of chips, they have lasagna and chicken with pasta. Good healthy food. I love her!
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I used to babysit for my friends and charge them 25 a day for 8-9 hrs. If was only one child.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 3:26 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I live near Atlanta GA and I pay $100.00 per week. She is not licensed but she was a director of a daycare before she started keeping children in her home.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 3:26 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• How many children and what hours? When I was leaving mine with a neighbor/friend, she charged $2/hour for one kid and I provided all diapers/wipes and food, etc. I think that was fair, since she wasn't really being put out (she had kids of her own and was a SAHM).

When I was looking around for childcare options for two kids after my second was born, the going rate around here seemed to be $80-120/week per kid for in-home providers who make a business of it (regardless of certification), sometimes with a slight discount for a second child.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:28 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i wouldnt pay as much as licensed. but if she knows cpr and her house is clean and she isnt mean then go for it
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 3:39 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would all depend on the going rate in your area. You can then cut the price for knowing them and them being unlicenced.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• We're paying $75 per week. That's what we were paying a licensed provider for part time care before we switched (our original provider went out on maternity leave, then got a different job). She worked as a nurse until she quit to watch her grandkids full time. It does make me feel a LOT better knowing that she's a nurse. We provide diapers, wipes, snacks and breakfast. She says it's easiest for her to fix the same lunch for all of the kids, so I don't send her with lunch every day (though once in a while I do send enough of something for all of the kids). We do also still pay her any time I have paid time off work. So she ends up with 8 paid holidays per year plus the 3 weeks I've got of vacation.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 6:42 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Half the going rate for a licensed day care in your area.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 8:47 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• The lady that keeps our kids is unlicensed, and I pay her $160 a week for my 4 year old (includes all meals and snacks). My baby is almost 8 months old, and I have a job where I can work from home 2 days a week. I keep the baby with me on those days so the sitter only watches the baby 3 days a week, and she charges me $27 per day for the baby. Once she gets to the point where I can't work with her at home with me, then I'll pay the sitter more per day.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 9:06 PM on Sep. 24, 2010