VERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE HELP!

i have an iud and here lately ive had some really weird bleeding and i have a period like usual but i bleed for 2 weeks straight!! its a pain in the ass to deal with! i have a drs appointment thursday but im wondering if any of you ladies have had this problem?

4lyfe56

Asked by 4lyfe56 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Health

• is it the one with hormones or without? I have known a lot of women that bleed for months on the one with hormones. I personally had the copper one. My periods were more painful and a little longer than normal, but never two weeks. I would talk to your doctor about different options (check what insurance will cover first) and see what you feel you need to do. I agree with you that a two week period is a pain in the ass.
    leannj77

Answer by leannj77 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• its the mirena so it has a little bit of hormones in it so thats why i picked it!lol i dont have insurence but im going to a drs office that goes by your income so it wont cost much!
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My best friend has that one and she bled alot for like 4 months then it just quit.She loves it now but at first she really hated it. I would ask ur doctor though and make sure its normal.
    KrazeeStacey

Answer by KrazeeStacey at 10:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I had my IUD removed yesterday because of the cramping that I was having, acne, and the on and off spotting. If it is really bothering you to have it maybe you should consider having it removed. You can always go with another method of birth control.
    vroberts3677

Answer by vroberts3677 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2008